The SKILLFUL project (skillfulproject.eu) is organising a Workshop entitled “Future Requirements & Training Challenges in Road Transport Employment“ on September 26 in Thessaloniki, Greece (10.00-13.00).
The aim of the SKILLFUL project is to identify the skills and competences needed by the Transport workforce of the future (2020, 2030 and 2050 respectively) and define the training methods and tools to meet them.
Some of the SKILLFUL objectives, relevant to this Workshop, are the following:
- to identify the major trends that will shape the future transportation ecosystem of Europe,
- to critically review the current practices of skills development for the needs of all transport modes in EU,
- to review and analyse the most promising new and emerging training methodologies and schemes in order to design appropriate training for the future and evolving requirements of the transport workforce.
As a result, we will be able to identify potential gaps in availability of training schemes and programmes and to ensure the best possible match between the future training/education offer and the future job transport requirements.
For the purpose of this will look at the current state of play in a number of countries and try to form a common opinion along the three levels, namely: Strategic, Tactical and Operational.
- To collect participants view on:
- Future jobs in the area of road transport
- Gaps in education
- New technologies
- Necessary skills for jobs in road transport
- Development of a map of the educational needs and skills needed in future jobs related to road transport.
The participation to the workshop is free. Register here!